The MAD table is an automated piece of machinery which may begin motion at any time. Disconnect power to the MAD table before performing maintenance. Failure to do so may result in injury or death.
Remove Z-Axis Cover
- 5 mm Hex Wrench or 13 mm Wrench
Remove the four (4) bolts attaching the Z-Axis cover. This may require a 5 mm hex key or a 13 mm wrench depending on date of manufacture. Slide the cover straight up to remove.
Laser Pointer Assembly
- 3 mm Hex Wrench
- 5 mm Hex Wrench
- 8 mm Wrench
The laser pointer bracket requires assembly to the Z-Axis cover. A printable copy of the assembly drawing may be found here.
The heads of (5) and one (4) 5mm button head screws must be inside the Z-Axis cover to allow proper clearance for operation of the floating head.
Mounting the Laser Pointer to the Z-Axis Cover
- Slide the Z-Axis cover over the aluminum mounting blocks pressing down and to the rear as far as possible.
- Install the laser cable bracket to the upper left mounting bolt with a 6 mm button head screw using a 5 mm hex wrench.
- Install the remaining three (3) mounting screws to the sides of the Z-Axis cover.
- Anchor the Laser Pointer cable to the brackets using three (3) zip-ties as shown. Tuck the Laser Pointer cable against the Z-Axis cover to prevent interference with the air lines.
Focusing the Laser Pointer
Never look directly at the laser light emitted.
- 3 mm Hex Wrench
- Loosen the clamping screw in the aluminum mount to allow the Laser Pointer to slide up and down.
- Power on the laser pointer.
- Slide the laser body down until the serrated focus ring is below the mount.
- Rotate the focus ring until the laser dot is sufficiently focused.
- Being careful not to alter the focus adjustment, slide the Laser Pointer up into the mount until approximately half of the focus ring is visible.
- Verify the laser is still focused.
- Lightly tighten the clamping screw to secure the focusing ring and laser body. Do not overtighten or damage will occur.